Silks || Lyra || Pole || Hammock
Aerial arts is art created with one's body through movement or dance while using an aerial apparatus giving the illusion of flight or weightlessness. Aerials is a great core-based full body calisthenics workout.
Silks-Aerial silks (also known as aerial contortion, aerial ribbons, aerial tissues, fabric, ribbon, or tissu, depending on personal preference) is a type of performance in which one or more artists perform aerial acrobatics while hanging from a fabric.
Lyra-A lyra hoop is a circular steel ring similar to a hula hoop that’s suspended in the air by a cable or any lengthy cord attached to the ceiling.
The lyra hoop is also known as aerial ring, aerial hoop, or cerceaux.
Hammock- (Also called aerial yoga) is a type of airborne fitness that is practiced in a silk hammock suspended from the ceiling to support you.
Pole-usually solo dancing performed while using a fixed vertical pole as a prop.
Aerial arts is for every one, every shape, every body. Join us at Akasha Aerial Arts to take advantage of our aerial instructions, welcoming community, and fully-equipped studio. Whether you’re a beginner or an experienced aerialist looking for a space to "hang", you can find it all at Akasha. Reach out today to learn more!
***Children younger than 9 years old with gymnastics/dance background may be able train by instructor approval only. Please email us to set up a date and time for assessment
What is Akasha
Akasha directly translates to upper sky or infinite space. An aetheral space. At akasha Aerial Arts, we hope to bring you to completely new aerial experience
In times of Covid-19
What we are doing to keep you safe!
1) Personal Sanitizing stations
2) Hand sanitizing stations in every entry/exit
3) Sanitizing hands in-between uses for silks training
4) Air purifiers placed throughout our studio
5) Opening bay doors provide ventilation of studio
6) Daily cleaning per the CDC
7) Wiping down mats and apparatus with alcohol after each use
8) Silks are laundered and/or aired out for 72 hours between each training
9) Lyras will now be unwrapped
10) Individual areas spacing each student at least 6 ft apart
11) Yoga mats for rent $1 (no more sharing) You may bring your own Yoga mat, blocks, and straps.
12) Knee Pads for rent $1 (no more sharing)
13) Rosin for sale $1 (no more sharing)
14) Only arrive 5 minutes before class time
15) Exit through bay doors to limit contact
16) Individual Silks/Lyra/Hammock available for sale or rent. (Email or ask front desk for details)
17) No parents/guardians during training, there will be time for recording your children the last 5 minutes of class.
*****Due to the Covid-19 pandemic, silks and hammock trainings will be limited as will class size. Although there is not much research on how long the virus will stay, transfer, or contaminate through fabric there are still a lot of unknowns with this virus. We, here at Akasha, take every individual's health and well being seriously. We want to create a safe and healthy aerial community. We do take the extra steps to clean high touch surfaces, social distancing in the studio, as well as, unfortunately, limiting our fabric trainings.